Saturday, June 1, 2013

Itching to get in the kitchen

It's been a crazy month!

Between taking care of my Nana while she was sick, the funeral, my parents being here for the funeral, Memorial Day weekend, and everything else in between...I don't think I have COOKED a meal since April!

I did heat up hot dogs and beans the other night, does that count?
Our "gourmet" dinner looked something like this...
Picture from www.gfhomecooking.com

Not exactly the most fantastic meal I have ever put in front of my family. They weren't even homemade baked beans..they were canned! 

Whatever.

Bottom line is, I am itching to get back into my kitchen!
(Need to do some serious grocery shopping before that though, we have NOTHING)
I think food does more than nourish, it feeds the soul. 
Not only the person eating it, but for the person making it.
Nothing makes me happier than when I get a request "You know what I have been craving? Will you make XYZ for me?"
That tells me I did my job. 

My secret wish is to be Marie Barone (yes, feel free to giggle here)
I want people to want to eat what I make...even if they have already eaten. Even if they are going home to eat. Even if they don't even like that item, but they know it might taste better because it was made a different way.
One gets addicted to that happiness. 
I L-O-V-E that look of contentment when someone has a full belly. Not because just something was placed on the table and it's something to take the hunger away; but because there is love in every bite. 

I am a food dork and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment