Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I miss my Nana

My grandmother passed away on 5/3/13 after a heroic battle with lung cancer.
She held on longer than she would have liked, and as pleased as I am that her struggle is over....I miss her something terrible.

She was more than my Nana. She was my BFF. She was my birthday buddy. She was my confidant.

We used to have amazing phone ESP. I would pick up the phone to call her (or vice versa) and find dead air. Not really dead...just an already connected phone line. This happened more than 50% of the time.
We even had our little silly thing (she was very hard of hearing)
Nana: How's my girl
Me: Peachy Keen
Nana: Peachy Creme? That's great!
E-V-E-R-Y call started like that!

We are both September babies, just 12 days apart.
Every year we had a "girls day" instead of presents. A day out and about and some lunch.

Oh how she loved her food. I wish I had a little video of how she would smile, with the tip of her tongue sticking out of her mouth, and wiggle in her seat when she knew something she loved was going to be served to her.
The woman could eat pasta at every meal, I kid you not!
Hard to believe she is Lithuanian. The only Italian in the family married in!

My Nana was the happiest person, no matter what she was doing. Seriously, even chores were a good time with her!

There are so many more stories than I have time for.
Maybe my brain just isn't ready to remember them right this second.


High School Graduation


Loving her Santa

My Happy BFF



No comments:

Post a Comment